Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, Partners in Health is proudly participating in American Heart Health Month.
Please join us for our upcoming Art for the Heart event on February 13th at 5:30-7:30 pm. Click here to RSVP.
A special guest host will lead a step-by-step instruction of painting a canvas. Our office will be providing canvases, paint, and brushes. Participants will be able to leave with the piece of art they created.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy.
- Visit with your doctor regularly.