We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization, and the City of Austin.
At this time, we are postponing all events scheduled for this month until further notice. This includes the free skin check with Dr. Tyler Hollmig scheduled for March 25th and our “A Walk in the Park” event scheduled for March 29th.
At this time, all testing for patients who qualify are held at the public health labs. Please refer to this website: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/health for the Austin Public Health Department or call (512) 972-5555. If you are presenting with symptoms but are not able to get tested, please quarantine yourself for 14 days and until completely symptom-free.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or bent elbow (if tissue is unavailable), then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Know the symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and one that we are actively monitoring. We are ready to adjust as things progress, and we will keep our patients up to date throughout.