Don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour now that daylight savings time is ending this year.
Follow these tips to help you transition from daylight saving time and sleep better every night:
- Start now by going to bed and waking up 15-20 minutes later each day. Incrementally working up to an hour can help you make a smoother transition.
- Set a regular sleep schedule and stick to it.
- Avoid eating big meals just before bedtime.
- Make sure your room is dark enough, quiet enough, and cool enough when you go to bed.
- Start your day with bright morning light and get as much sun light exposure as you can during the day.
- Avoid bright lights and turn off blue light electronic devices like TV’s, smartphones and computers two hours before bed.