BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING TIPS
- Sign up for email alerts from your favorite stores
- Check for Pre-Black Friday Sales Online
- Check out Black Friday Store Hours beforehand
- Create a wish list and shopping list
- Lock your vehicle & put your shopping bags in the trunk
DID YOU KNOW?
There are two theories as to why the day after Thanksgiving is called Black Friday.
- One theory is that the wheels of vehicles in heavy traffic on the day after left many black markings on the road surface.
- The other theory is that the term comes from an old way of recording business accounts. Losses were recorded in red in and profits in black ink. Many stores were hoping to start showing profit on the day after Thanksgiving.